Friday, May 8, 2009

Prague Days 2 and 3 (sort of)

So on Wednesday we visited Pragie Castle - creepy rainy day but as good a day as any for castle browsing in my opinion. The catherdral is GORGEOUS - pictures never do those things justice with all of the stained glass and such.










Then we walked around the Jewish Quarter and Old Town - the buildings there are not restored like they are in our part of town and are older/black and add to the whole mysterious feeling of this city. Half the time I feel like I'm at Hogwarts and half the time I feel like I'm in the middle of The Other Boleyn Girl. The views of the castle from other parts of the city really are spectacular, and the statues on the Charles Bridge at night are flat out scary.




Thursday I spent in bed. Nasty sinus infection that completely incompacitated me. Luckily Kezia had a Z-pack handy and today I'm on the up and up. I'm so sad that I missed yesterday (the first pretty day) but just pretending it didn't happen. I attached a photo of the Old Jewish Cemetery Kezia took.
The food here has been great - mussels, pasta and some yummy soup. The architecture is really the thing that makes Prague unique. I hope some of the photos have given you an idea.
Lastly, I think this last photo really captires the "weird modern art" thing I've been talking about. It's in front of the Kafka Museum (Kafka is a major theme). The men are supposedly writing their names in tinkle.


Today we take a scenic train to Vienna - it's a gorgeous day. I will really miss Prague.
Talk to you again soon!

1 comment:

  1. ACK, hope you're feeling better! I have such vivid memories of those statues on the bridge from when we were there in '98. I also remember we couldn't decide where to eat, and we wandered around forever until we finally picked a place and ended up not liking the food at all! Sounds like you are having better luck with the food this time around. Have fun in Vienna! --Carrie

    ReplyDelete